The purpose of the Strickland-Davis Scholarship is to provide financial assistance to three BGCT students pursuing a degree in a field of study related to the commands of Micah 6:8: Do Justice, Love Kindness, Walk Humbly. Three $1,000 scholarships will be awarded each school year and are available to Bachelors, Masters, and Doctoral level students.
Applications must be submitted no later than July 1, 2022.
Recipients will be notified by Monday, August 1, 2022.
- Each applicant must be a member of a BGCT church that actively gives to the BGCT Cooperative Program and participates in giving to the Texas Baptist Hunger Offering.
- Recipients will receive a total of $1,000 per academic year. Funds will be sent to schools by early fall of each school year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding. Late applications will not be accepted.
- Essay Requirement
- All new (first-time) applicants must include an essay addressing how the applicant will utilize a degree in their field of study to apply the mission and charge of Micah 6:8.
- Renewal applicants must include an essay expressing gratitude for previously awarded Strickland-Davis Scholarship funds and describing how these funds have impacted your future.
- All new (first-time) applicants must have a 3.0 GPA. Renewal applicants must maintain a 3.0 GPA.